Business Development Position - Delic Labs
Delic Labs is a licensed cannabis and psychedelics research laboratory focused on chemical process development, analytical testing, and extraction optimization. We are dedicated to bringing a rigorous scientific foundation to the cannabis and psychedelics industries through our innovative research initiatives and consulting services. We offer a wide range of scientific services and expertise involving all aspects of chemistry. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled Business Development expert to make sure those services get to the companies that will benefit from it. This position is as much a sales job as much as an opportunity to build better research operation at Delic Labs to help the cannabis and psychedelics industries reach their full potentials.
If you are looking to be a part of a team that is at the leading edge of research in the psychedelic and cannabis industry then this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for. You will have a positive impact on the strategy and success of the business.
We are a team diverse in academic and ethnic backgrounds, home country origin and world views that inform our ground-breaking approaches to cannabis and psychedelic research. We have built a culture of discovery, learning and education that guides our collaboration with customers. Some of the areas we specialize in are process development and optimization through fundamental chemistry and artificial intelligence, chemical analytics for in-process QA and novel compounds identification, and organic synthesis of novel cannabinoids and psychedelic compounds.
- Develop and implement business plan.
Take charge of how we package our research services for customers and how we best position ourselves in the market. That includes an ability to present business and technical information, identify customer needs and trends, promote and position Delic Labs’ services to customers, provide information about techniques and products, follow up inquiries about projects and services, maintain customer information and technologies such as Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates, and rigorous funnel management in order to achieve/improve monthly forecasting accuracy and growth targets.
- Grow sales volume.
Develop and execute a sales plan that is aligned with Delic Labs’ strategic objectives. Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows, and improvement of overall market share and profitability in the cannabis and psychedelic markets.
- Cultivate partnerships with customers and other research partners to solve customer problems.
Facilitate solving customer problems by recommending solutions that leverage your knowledge of our research and production problems. Requires that you maintain the necessary technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Work closely with our research staff to promote a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree (chemistry or similar preferred)
- A minimum of 3+ years of documented successful sales experience.
- Strong connections in the North America cannabis industries.
- Thorough understanding of the global cannabis market.
- Thorough understanding of the global psychedelic market.
- Experience with analytical and production processes for cannabis are desirable.
- Project management or key account management experience
- The successful applicant will be required to reside and be legally allowed to work within the USA.
- Willingness for as much as 50% travel.
- Competitive benefits package
How to apply:
If you think this role is exciting and would like to apply, please email [email protected] and include your résumé, a video cover letter (see detail below), and answer the following hypothetical questions in the body of the email:
The three questions are…
- Tell us a little about yourself that I may not have learned from your résumé and, specifically, what you want to learn from Delic Labs and what Delic Labs can learn from you.
- Our work is at the cutting edge of cannabis and psychedelic research, and the needs of the industries are changing all the time. Tell us how you keep up to date with the latest advances and products in these two industries.
- How do you plan to translate our research into solutions for industry problems, and convince companies that we will beat their status quo?
Video Cover Letter:
Please create a video submission where you will record yourself answering 3 interview questions in 4 minutes or less. We ask that you upload the video to YouTube, set it to “Unlisted”, and send over the link in your email applying for the job. The purpose is to streamline the application process and understand your approach to new normal of video conferences and sales.
Delic Labs is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. Delic Labs is committed to a culturally diverse workforce