Senior Communications Account Executive
Senior Communications Account Executive Core Responsibilities Include:
- Pitching reporters and general earned media activities with a focus on financial and corporate announcements.
- Drafting pitches, press releases, speaking & award submissions, reporter inquiry responses.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of earned media campaigns.
- Growing the company’s thought leadership and increasing our presence across a variety of platforms.
- Investor relations strategies and campaigns.
If you live and breathe communications and PR and love pitching reporters, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior Communications Account Executive to develop, implement, track and optimize our earned media and thought leadership campaigns across a variety of channels. As a publicly listed company in high growth mode, this role will include a significant amount of investor relations (IR) related efforts. This job is mostly remote, with multiple in person meetings each year. If you are in Washington state, Oregon, or California, you get extra brownie points!
How would you like to support one of the most prominent organization in the world promoting understanding and medical adoption of psychedelics? This opportunity would enable to you to take your communications and PR skills and apply them to a business that is helping many people reach their potential through the discussion, education, and practical application of psychedelics in a safe and effective way. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry and develop your leadership skills in the process.
What will your day-to-day look like?
You should have a strong grasp of communications tools, campaigns and strategies and be able to lead integrated thought leadership campaigns from concept to execution. You pay attention to news and current events, particularly in the psychedelic and wellness fields and are opportunistic in looking for places to inject the DELIC voice. You have worked in, or with IR teams and understand there are disclosure requirements and other activities needed for public companies. You are a very strong writer, have an established network or media contacts and can generate press releases and back them up with relevant research. You’ll be pitching reporters regularly, bouncing new ideas off of them and looking for ways to generate press. You’ll be on the lookout for new speaking opportunities and awards submissions and you’ll know the story and vision well enough to draft near-complete submissions. You will work with operations support teams, consultants and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget. You will be mentored and coached by our Head of Communications, Alex Howe and our CMO Zak Garcia. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to advance your career and be a part of a growing movement to change the conversation regarding psychedelics to bring it into the mainstream of society and culture.
- Plan/manage/execute large and small earned media and communications campaigns
- Strategize with marketing and social media teams to amplify your efforts
- Pitch reporters
- Work closely on IR-related activities and campaigns
- Submit for speaking opportunities and awards
- Develop talking points, press releases, blog posts and pitches
- Work with legal teams to ensure public content is approved and is shared with regulatory bodies (we are a public company)
- Measure and report performance of all earned media campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights and develop opportunistic pitches and strategies to capitalize on relevant developments
- Brainstorm new and creative communications and thought leadership strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams to create content calendars
- Collaborate with agencies, consultants and other vendor partners
- Build a plan to scale yourself and hire a team as you grow and develop processes and systems
- Work with IR to respond to media inquiries and shareholders
- Proven working experience in corporate communications/PR
- Demonstrable experience leading earned media and thought leadership campaigns
- Network of media and reporter contacts
- Good knowledge/experience with PR Newswire, Cision, Google Suite
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and news in psychedelics and wellness
- Leadership, hiring, and managing experience to build a team and scale up a communications department
Important to Note
We are a small dynamic team so this opportunity is for candidates looking for a start up environment. We have a hands-on culture and are known to move fast. And, if you’re willing to focus and do the work you will be a part of a team that’s changing lives around the globe! We are committed to growth and transformation – for our company, our products, our processes, and ourselves. DELIC is a publicly traded company and stock options will be a part of your compensation package.
Sound Like A Good Fit?
Wonderful! Let’s talk! Please send the following to [email protected]
- Your resume
- Your cover letter that explains
- Why you want to work in the Psychedelics space?
- A summary of a successful PR/IR-related campaign with earned/owned/paid media
- Your response to this hypothetical situation:
- You are tasked with building an earned media campaign to increase awareness about DELIC and our approach to bringing psychedelic wellness to the masses (we have media properties including a website, podcast and in-person conference/event, an analytics lab and a chain of ketamine infusion clinics). What are 3-5 of the storylines you’d pitch or examples of campaigns to generate earned media?